The Jessie Rees Foundation offers an abundance of resources and support for children fighting acute myeloid leukemia and other childhood cancers. Knowing the many struggles that come along with caring for your child fighting acute myeloid leukemia, our goal is to ensure you have helpful and supportive information at your fingertips so that you can spend less time searching and more time caring for your courageous fighter. Here are some things you might find helpful at negu.org:
1) Meet Jessie, learn about her journey, her mission, her wish and her legacy.
2) Visit our NEGU Support Network to locate children’s hospitals, Ronald McDonald Houses and other organizations dedicated to serving children and families fighting cancer.
3) Nominate your courageous fighter for our NEGU Kid of the week. Our NEGU kids are introduced to our facebook fans and are sent LOTS of messages of encouragement and love.
4) Request a JoyJar for your courageous fighter against acute myeloid leukemia. JoyJars are colorful and inspirational jars filled with hospital-approved toys and games that are sent to children fighting cancer around the world (sent at no financial obligation to children fighting cancer).
5) Visit our NEGU Kids website to find fun activities, games and printables for your courageous fighter.
6) Request one of our special “I’m a NEGU Kid” t-shirts to help encourage your courageous fighter to Never Ever Give Up!
I want you to know the Jessie Rees Foundation is here for YOU and your courageous child. Stacey and I know first-hand what it feels like to be told your child has cancer, search for treatments around the world, watch bills pile up, try to manage your other kids, keep your job going, pray for a miracle, try new foods, sit at chemo, wait for radiation to get over, attend MRI …the list goes on.
NO child or parent should have to go through what we have, but they do, so we HELP.
We hope the Jessie Rees Foundation and the NEGU Family Network can help you. Please visit us at www.families.negu.org.